Book your landlord safety inspection with us. Our engineers are Gas Safe registered and qualified to issue safety certificates and reports. We are happy to work with your tenants and visit the property at a convenient time. We are available to ensure the landlords of the Ebbw Vale and Merthyr Tydfil area are compliant with the current legal requirements.

When renting a property, or part of a property, a landlord has a legal responsibility to ensure the safety of their tenants. When it comes to gas appliances, a CP12 Gas Safety Certificate is required to prove that everything provided in a rental property is safe to use. CP12 Certificates can only be issued by a trained Gas Safe engineer. The team at Valley Gas is qualified and available to carry out the checks and provide the documentation for CP12 Certificates.

What is a Landlord Certificate?

The official document is called a CP12 certificate and is also known as a Gas Safety Certificate. To keep compliant, a certificate must be less than 12 months old so a new inspection is required once a year. The inspection takes approximately 40 minutes to complete depending on the size of the property and the number of gas appliances installed.

The focus of a Gas Safety Inspection is safety. When an engineer checks the property, they are there to make sure that all gas appliances in the rental property are adequate for their purpose, correctly connected, and properly ventilated. It is not the same as a service, but we are available to complete an inspection and service at the same time if you book both with us.

Do all Rented Properties Need a Landlord Certificate?

First of all, only rented properties with a gas supply need a CP12 Certificate. If the property only has an electric supply then a Gas Safety Certificate is not required.

During an inspection, all the gas appliances are checked. This includes the boiler, gas fire, gas hob, and gas oven. The engineer is not looking at the brand, style, or age of the appliance, they are concerned with safety. They check the location, the connection, and the condition of each appliance. Engineers also make sure that there is adequate ventilation nearby. Book your appointment for a landlord safety certificate with us.

If you let your property to a tenant permanently or temporarily, you require the certification. The properties include:

  • Flats
  • Bungalows
  • Bedsits
  • Holiday lets
  • Caravans
  • Chalets
  • HMOs
  • House shares